Spring Valley Lake
Spring Valley Lake sits at an elevation of 2,779 feet (847 m). The 2010 United States census reported Spring Valley Lake's population was 8,220.
This is a man-made lake is located in the Mojave Desert about 1-1/2 hours drive from Los Angeles and just 40 minutes from San Bernardino, Ontario and Inland Empire areas, the Club is just a 10 minute drive from the 15 Freeway.
History of the lake: Boise Cascade Corporation acquired the land and projected the layout of Spring Valley Lake, and in March 1969 the company broke ground. The Spring Valley Lake project was built upon Kalin Ranch, a former cattle ranch that was being utilized for alfalfa farming and lay serene and quiet on both sides of the Mojave River. The whole area was at one time called Rancho Verde Co., which was purchased in 1877. Lake construction began in June 1969, and was officially filled and completed in February 1970. The lake is one mile long and reaches a depth of 22 feet.
The lake is surrounded by a community filled with modern and vintage architecture homes. There are plenty of houses that I would love to call mine one day, especially those right on the lake.
The 18-hole golf course at the Spring Valley Lake Country Club facility features 6,535 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72 . The course rating is 71.2 and it has a slope rating of 123 on Blue grass. The Spring Valley Lake golf course opened in 1971.
- Local Bus Service Local buses run regularly throughout Spring Valley Lake and the High Desert. Schedules are available at VVTA.
- Carpools usually meet in Victorville at the I-15 & Bear Valley Blvd see eRideShare for more locations and specific details
Endeavour School Of Exploration School
Rio Vista Elementary School
Excelsior Education Center
Victor Valley College
- Jess Ranch Marketplace Jess Ranch Marketplace is approximately 5 minutes and is located at Bear Valley Road & Jess Ranch Parkway in Apple Valley, CA. Click here for more information
- The Mall of Victor Valley Your favorite specialty shops and department stores, plus cravable food, movie theaters and much more in a classic, indoor shopping experience. Click here for more information
- High Desert Farmers Market VVC Lower Campus Check out the only certified farmer's market in the high desert.
- Mavericks Stadium The High Desert Mavericks Professional Baseball Club was born in 1991 when the Brett Brothers (Bobby, George, Ken, and John) moved the Riverside Red Wave north to the city of Adelanto in the middle of the Mojave Desert. For more information click here
- Mojave Narrows Regional Park Surrounded by open pastures willow and cottonwood trees, it is situated along the Mojave River. It is the largest strand of riparian wetland making it home to over 1,500 species of watchable wildlife. Click here for more information
- Victor Valley College Performing Arts Center Local residents are able to enjoy a night at the theater or a day at the fair all in their own backyard. The Victor Valley offers numerous recreational options. The Performing Arts Center, located on the Victor Valley College campus, provides a wide variety of cultural entertainment including concerts, speakers, plays, musicals, and more.
- Forever Wild Exotic Animal Sanctuary Located in Phelan, California Forever Wild rescues and rehabilitates captive-bred exotic animals, giving them a safe home for the rest of their lives. Click here for more information.
- Calico Ghost Town is an old West mining town that has been around since 1881 during the largest silver strike in California. Click here for more information
- Competitive Edge MX is a motocross park located along Route 395 in Hesperia, CA. Operates five tracks each separately fenced and monitored with track staff at each entrance gate and flaggers as an additional safety precaution. Click here for more information
- El Mirage Dry Lake Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Recreation Area. It is also known to be an extremely popular filming location for automobile commercials and movies. Click here for more information
"Building Relationships One Home At A Time"
If you plan to buy or sell a High Desert home or property contact Hector by Email or call me at 877-611-2288. Put our record of customer service, real estate experience and state-of-the-art technology to work for you in the city of Adelanto, Victorville, Hesperia, Apple Valley or the entire Southern California Area.
Follow Me on
Hector Reyes, Short Sale Specialist
Want to know more about me? Just Google me!
T: 714-231-9061 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org |
Website: http://findmyhouseonline.com |DRE Licensee: 01832572 |
All SoCal Homes | Victorville, CA 92392
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed